Table of Contents
It can be painful to discover the damage done by a regular cleaning agent used to wipe your car’s interior. Unfortunately, the good intention to keep it clean did not end well because you did not use the best all purpose cleaner for car interior.
Your all purpose cleaner should suit exterior and interior surfaces and make it easy to clean plastics, rubber, wheels, engine bays, etc. It must remove dirt and grime without hard scrubs and leave no deposit after cleaning.
Such cleaning practices prevent wear and tear of parts, increase driving safety, and retain your vehicle’s value. In addition, you protect your upholstery and eliminate odors within the car. Please take note of our cleaning tips to keep your interior looking new.
Top 8 Best All Purpose Cleaner for Car Interior
Cleaning your car interior can be effortless with the right product. Combining an all purpose cleaner with our cleaning tips will keep your interior environment healthy for you and your passengers. It would be best to have an acidic-free formula to clean your dashboard, seats, and floor.
Several options claim to be the best in the market. You can avoid cracking, peeling, and fading door panels by selecting the best all purpose cleaner. We have made the selection process easy by reviewing the eight best all purpose cleaners for car interiors.
Eight Best Purpose Cleaner for Car Interior: Reviewed
CarGuys products are easy to use and known for good performance. The cleaner is suitable for leather, fabric, vinyl, cloth, and plastic interior surfaces. In addition, it is formulated using nanotechnology and dissolves dirt, grease, and stains at the molecular level.
To use this cleaner, spray it on the surface, and wipe it off with a soft cloth after waiting a while. Then, use a soft scrub brush for significantly damaged surfaces. Also, It is applied on instrument panel screens.
- It does not require dilution before use.
- It has a pleasant coconut scent in most cases
- Removes stains easily
- It is ideal for almost every surface
- It is a versatile cleaning solution
- It will affect the fingers when used without gloves
- It is quite expensive
- It can damage dyed leather surfaces
- Not suitable for glass and plastic
Consider Meguiar’s Detailing All Purpose Cleaner for its element of UV protection. This excellent interior cleaning product is a heavy-duty all purpose formula for professional use. It is also a recommended cleaner to be used in your home.
Meguiar’s detailing all purpose interior cleaner is concentrated and comes in a gallon container. This cleaner produces thick lathers that remove dirt from stained surfaces with a simple scrub, spray or wipe. It is safe to use on leather, vinyl, plastic, and carpet.
In conclusion, you can remove built-up tar, grime, and brake dust from the plastic wheel wells in your car using this cleaner. In addition, it will effectively clean your navigational screens, filthy tires, buttons, vents, center consoles, and steering wheel.
- A perfect choice for removing liquid stains
- It is highly concentrated
- It gets rid of brake dust and road grime quickly
- It comes in a durable container with a spray nozzle
- It has a sharp reflective finish on cleaning
- It dries quickly
- Can damage surfaces if the pH level is not balanced
- It has a strong smell
- Usually retailed at a very high cost
- The container does not come with measures
A medium-grade product suitable for use everywhere is the 3D All Purpose Cleaner. It works on any dirty interior surface, filthy carpets, and door panels. This product can effortlessly remove grease and wax on rubber, plastic, fabric, and painted surfaces.
Furthermore, the 3D All purpose Cleaner is not a chemically toxic cleaner, making it a valuable product for old cars without damaging the interior. Lastly, it is the right choice for cleaning suspension parts and engine components.
- Dissolves dirt buildup easily from exterior surfaces
- Works well on wheel rims and windshields
- The wet foam produced reduces the effort needed for cleaning
- Suitable for professional car detailing
- Causes skin irritation if used without gloves
- The chemical smell can be unbearable
- It can damage leather if not diluted before use
- Packaging easily gets damaged during shipping
Griot’s Garage 11105 Interior Cleaner leaves behind no deposit that can attract dirt after use. It is safe on various interior surfaces and contains no dyes or additives that could cause discoloration, bleach fabrics, or damage to other surface types. It wipes away dirt and oils, leaving a good finishing.
- It does not require mixing before use.
- It is available in large-sized bottles with adjustable spray nozzles for convenience.
- A perfect product for hard-to-clean plastic surfaces
- It is fragrance-free
- Produces a light foam when in use
- It does not vary strength for different stains and surfaces
- Can irritate the eyes
- Its lack of fragrance is a drawback if you desire a freshener-like scent
- More expensive than regular cleaners
Although this product does not work as fast as some, Carfidant Ultimate has a mild, balanced pH formulation on the skin and surfaces. As a result, it gets off years of dirt buildup and gives old leather a new shine. In addition, this product is flawless in cleaning floor mats and exterior rubber trims.
Carfidant is safe on paint and will not leave any odor in your car after cleaning. It comes with a durable cleaning cloth which is perfect for your use. In addition, it is very active in removing grease from engines, making it worthwhile.
- Suitable for cleaning greasy bays
- No strong chemical odor
- It has an easy-to-spray nozzle that comes with a spray lock
- Perfect for cleaning stains, adhesives, or windshield bugs
- It is not as strong as some other products
- The poor packaging results in easy bottle leaks
- It comes with weak towel cleaners
- This cleaner finishes quickly
This is the right choice for cleaning your dashboards, rubber tires, and metal engine parts. It has a decisive cleaning action that remains after dilution. In addition, its superior foaming activity seeps into nooks and crannies to give the best results.
Also, the cleaner comes with a citrus scent to freshen up your interior and exterior. Diluting this product will give you the maximum benefit.
- Affordable and competent for vinyl and plastic surfaces
- Removes unpleasant odors easily
- Does not need an expensive brush for cleaning
- The lovely citrus smell draws the chemical edge
- Will not damage the textured surface
- The spray tops break easily and leak over time
- Will damage interior surfaces if it is not diluted
- Its spray bottle caps are not removable
- Requires a lot of scrubbing effort when used
Adam’s Heavy Duty cleaner is best used for dirty engine bays. It works well on your floor mats and strips oil from painted surfaces. This product is highly concentrated and needs a dilution of 20:1 with water to clean interior surfaces.
It has advanced UV protection to protect your dashboard, seats, and steering wheel from harmful UV rays, as exposure to the sun can remove the color from the surfaces and cause the leather to age and crack faster.
Lastly, this product stands out among other cleaners as a product that leaves no oily luster on plastic, leather, and vinyl surfaces.
- Suitable for cleaning your wheels, exhaust tips, engine wheels, and other areas
- It comes with durable packaging that can be used for years
- Perfect for removing tar and oil
- It is ideal for handling dirty tasks
- Can clean soft materials gently when diluted
- Can cause stain and bleach some surfaces
- You must dilute it before use
- It has the smell of a regular lemon-flavored cleaner
- The cost of shipping is high
Lastly, the CARPRO Multi X All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate is explicitly used for professional applications. This cleaner has been packaged in 400-ml, 1 liter, and 4-liter bottles. It is best known for its combination of affordability and performance.
The CARPRO cleaner is versatile, perfect for removing harsh blemishes and heavy grease. This cleaner is the right choice for cleaning vinyl seat covers. It can last for two years after the manufacturing date, remaining a dependable product on your shelf for years.
- Suitable for use before or after washing
- Perfect for cleaning interiors, wheels, and tires
- Can remove grease and tough stains without trouble
- It has a prolonged use due to extensive dilution
- Packaging gets damaged during shipping
- Can damage surfaces if it is not diluted adequately
Important Note: Please choose from our list of best all purpose cleaners to keep your car interior in good condition. Maintaining a clean environment in your car will make driving a pleasant activity.
Cleaning Tips To Make Your Car’s Interior Look Like New
As a car owner, you must pay attention to your car’s interior and not just the exterior. More dirt and germs accumulate in hidden regions you do not pay attention to regularly. Sitting daily in a dirty environment is not safe for your health.
- You can sustain a spotless vehicle interior regardless of its age of use. This will increase the value of your car and keep your vehicle looking at its very best. Here are cleaning tips you can practice to keep your interior looking new.
- Remove the trash in your vehicle that the vacuum cleaner might not clean properly. Raise the car seats and move them forward to check every corner. Bring out the floor mats to clean underneath them.
- Clean the seats gently with a wet cloth. Use an old toothbrush to remove dirt that has refused to come off.
- Polish your dashboard with paper towels or washcloths. Clean the surface in small circles
- Vacuum the upholstery to remove dirt and crumbs.
- Clean the floor mats by spraying and laying them in the sun.
- Clean the knobs, buttons, and vents using a brush and wipe all surfaces.
- Spray the best all purpose cleaner on a cloth and clean the windows and mirrors.
- Clean the windows with a cleaner or a dry microfiber cloth to remove stains and fingerprints.
- Then, clean all gaps between the seats, console, and edges.
1. What household items can I use to clean the dashboard of my car?
A simple oil soap and water solution will work perfectly. Finish up by using a baby wipe to dry the surface.
2. What can I use to clean car plastic?
You can mix equal amounts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle and allow it to soak in for some minutes before wiping it dry with a spotless microfiber cloth.
3. Can I use vinegar to clean the car’s interior?
Yes, you can; Vinegar is safe and suitable for cleaning car interiors.
You can now maintain a clean vehicle by using any cleaner you purchase from our review on the eight best all purpose cleaner for car interior. First, consider what you desire to achieve and choose what will do the job. Then, keep your interior looking new by practicing the cleaning tips you have learned.